-->

how to plant strawberries from seeds


First time I think strawberries can't plant from seed, because I have strawberries in my backyard home its from the runners that grow in other strawberries plants. That is very easy to planting strawberry from runner plant. So I never think how strawberries grow from seed. Strawberries seed is so litle like sand for me so I can't plants from seed.

I have 15 strawberries plant that grow in my backyard, its California strawberries varieties. With red collor its good. But some times I see to my berries they grow standard size. So I decide to buy Strawberries big vaieties and buy white Japan strawberries in online store Tokopedia. No Japanese strawberry plants are sold, so I bought strawberry seeds.

Japan white strawberries seeds from Tokopedia
After I received the seeds from the courier, I then soaked them in warm water mixed with red onion pieces. The use of onion pieces for plants can stimulate root growth well.

For the stages I did in planting strawberries from seeds:

1. Prepare strawberry seeds, then sprinkle into warm water with pieces of onion

2. Prepare the media for planting a mixture of soil, compost and pieces of wood

3. Flush the planting medium with enough water to keep it from getting too wet

4. Pour strawberry seeds that have been soaked in warm water over the surface of the soil

5. Cover the tanag surface with thin soil

6. Cover the planting medium with a cover

7. Check every once a week

The seeds of strawberry plants themselves will grow in the range of 7 to 20 days. If sprouts have appeared, do regular watering and open the planting media.

After the plants already have four leaves that are large enough, then transfer the strawberry plants to the land that is 1/2 the sun.

After the strawberry plant grows well and is around 45 days old, move it to an open place with full sunlight.

I bought 400 strawberries from an online store, 200 seeds of Japanese white strawberries and 200 seeds of big red strawberries. I planted both types in separate media to distinguish the varieties. At present, he is around 30 days old. Some seeds have started to grow and leaf.

Of the 400 strawberries, not all of them grow, only about 20-40 of my plants grow. Hopefully, gradually all the seeds that I plant can grow well.

This my video how to plant strawberries from seeds,


That is how to plant strawberries from seeds that are easy to do for anyone.

If there are deficiencies in this paper, please provide input and suggestions in the comments column, thank you.